Tips For More Youthful Looking Hands
Tips for Beautiful Hands
Think of all the things you do with your hands every day, from using them to apply make-up, shake hands when you meet someone new, prepare meals, type email messages… it’s no wonder, then, that sometimes our hands can looks like you’re 100 years old. Here are some great tips to keep them looking youthful and pretty.
- Protect them from the cold. Wear gloves and mittens to protect that delicate skin from the drying cold weather.
- Invest in a good hand cream. Skin needs moisture to stay soft and supple. When water in the top layer escapes, the texture becomes flaky. The catch: Water is also skin’s potential enemy, because it can wash away the lipids that help hold on to moisture.
- Always apply lotion to your hands that contains sunscreen and when you are outside, make sure to put a broad-spectrum sunscreen.
- Exfoliate your hands. Think about how great your face or body feels after you exfoliate. Exfoliating removes the dead layer of skin leaving only smooth new skin. If you don’t remove that layer of skin, the lotion has to work its way though it. When you exfoliate your hands with a hand scrub at least once a week, you’ll instantly notice smoother hands.
- If you have age spots there are many things, there are procedures to reverse the signs of aging in the hands including many over-the–counter remedies. Ask your team at Medical Aesthetics about the options and costs available.